Joslin Eats
(sidebar- thanks for not calling me out on totally flaking on my "weekly" Joslin eats..ha)
Some days me & the kitchen just aren't on good terms, and on those days I try to only visit the "cooking area" at dinner. Today was one of those days. But I can look at that lunch and know it was healthy and most importantly worked!
...
If I expect my little to eat healthy that means I do too...blah BLUEBERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are dried and after making myself swallow the first three they started tasting like fruit-roll ups ha. And now I'm really diggin' them. I use that same thinking with Joslin. She is so my daughter in the sense that if I ask her to try something she will make it her mission to HATE IT but if I just give it as a option with no expectation and eat some also she will be open to loving it. strong willed that kid. So at lunch that's what i do, i fix her plate and mine mostly the same and ignore what she eats or doesn't eat. In fact I don't even pay attention in a sense, we just talk. She may hate something at first try but it may grow on her. I don't force her to try or eat anything I give options and one's she rejects are on the next plate with more options. It's where she has control and in giving her that with no crazy praises or battles it works for us. Maybe she will start to love them, maybe not no big.
Mushrooms. Some days I like them some days I don't she is the same. Today's rejection Pine-Apple. Which I know she likes but not today I guess.
I realize I just made a full paragraph saying the same exact thing over and over you have to excuse me my night ended late and my day started at 4am. I'm a bit zonedddddddddddddddd (yes i just made a word)



No comments:
Post a Comment