7.09.2012





i have a good friend who is mid-deployment & is probably a professional by now. I wanted in her head so I asked her to do a mini-guest convo' with me, take a peek!


deployment.
their side of the bed is empty.
your child's father/mother is in a war zone.
deployment.
Photobucket
 It's not the days, it's the nights that get you the most.  When the house is quiet, children are asleep, everyone is tucked away. I hardly ever watch TV. The couch is where he is supposed to be...with me. Now it's just an empty couch. With a heavy mind of "am I doing the one man parenting thing right" you attempt to embrace the quiet when God sends you a little hug of your little rolling over on the "deployment must have" Build-a-Bear that is a voice recording of "Daddy Loves You". It pierces you straight to the heart, the kind of  tearful gift you need in that moment. The thought of "my son's father is in a warzone" freaks me out some days and I just cry.
Because.
Because.
What if?
The worst question of all. 
We have good days and we have not so good days. On the not so good ones, I have to tell myself that "it could be worse" and then I 
"take a knee, drink water, and march on!"
(to read more from her click HERE)
For me & most military families during the day you just solider on, you in a sense have to put the absence out of your mind, or else you'd just be a big big mess & unfortunately life doesn't stop for the messes. You have to remember you have a life & it's your job to live it. It has nothing to do with love, it has to do with survival. Day is possible, night's are what can get you.Photobucket

I wanted to share some of my friends thought's because one I completely admire her & am so grateful to her husband & all military families. But also because, I can remember about 2 years ago standing on the beach at Camp Lejeune with my cousin whose husband was getting ready to deploy, watching children run & laugh and wondering if anyone realized what my husband was doing. Not for glory or self pity just wandering.
Wandering if they realized.....
-
 And today I very often think about the Soldiers & there families standing around just wandering.

Do you realize what his father is sacrificing for us?
PhotobucketIf you come across a solider nothing is needed more than prayer & a thank you. 



2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful & so are the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff! You took my little ole thoughts and made them beautiful with the way you write! Talented, you are! Thank you Meghan, I had fun venting my Army life to you! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Some Info

My photo
United States
23.wife.new mom.dreamer.

Followers

Blog Archive