I’ve delayed this post due to the fact that I have entirely too much to be thankful for creating a major writers block.
I sit in my perfect new home, with a very round belly holding the most beautiful amazing little girl due any day now, waiting for my dreamy husband to return home from work.
I don’t think it’s the bitterness of last year that makes this year so sweet because the Lord blessed me in his own special way each day, but I do find more gratefulness in looking back.
This year I am not carrying & sleeping with my cell phone, I’m not lying every time someone ask me how I’m doing, I’m not walking our dogs by myself and I’m not constantly wondering if the person who holds my world is safe (a word that took on a whole new meaning the minuet his boots hit the ground).
No, this year I hold his strong hand and get lost in his blue eyes. We walk our back yard like a park looking at the beautiful leaves, we play scrabble in bed and he pretends not to notice my cheats, we drink hot chocolate on our deck discussing how our dogs have personalities unlike any other animals, and we read to my growing tummy giggling every time she jumps. I sit by the piano and he at the guitar and sing and play for our audience of one, we walk never ceasing to be amazing at how nothing else can complete a day like that.
This thanksgiving words can’t express my gratitude towards my heavenly father, surrounded by my family, smothered by love and blessings.
I hope everyone find the little joys that God has blessed us with this month and every month to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment