Lions that Roar & Purr

The heading read “Protector of the Birth place” the picture was of a lion, the description was for new fathers. As I finished this very interesting article I looked to my lion of 3 years fast asleep in bed beside me. Sleeping so peaceful (completely unaware of my weirdo staring) I looked at the father of my daughter. I saw a man who is dependable like the rising and falling of his chest, the same tenderness in his face he uses when touching my enormous belly, but I also saw the muscles in his arms and calluses’ on his hand and was reminded of the strong solider who lay beside me. One who has proven to have honor, courage and would become a lion if need be and with no hesitation when it comes to his cub. There is nothing more comforting for a mother-to-be than to look at her husband and know there is no one else on earth who could do a better job of loving, caring and protecting the growing life inside of her. I know without a shadow of doubt that if he came home after a horrible day exhausted, stressed and mentally drained and our little bug ran around the corner and said “daddy daddy come have tea” he would not say “maybe later” or “daddy is tired” or “just give me a min”. I know he would push out a smile, scoop her in his arms and say “only if it’s sweet, my beautiful angel, so what did you do today”, I know these things because that is exactly how he treats me. So, 15 days an counting my lion will hold his cub and this mommy will probably pass out in relief and exhaustion and not worry one bit about how my little girl is doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment