more Christmas to follow but wanted to share what's been tugging my heart.
"Now a man of the house of Levi married a Levite woman,
and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When
she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months.
But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated
it with tar and pitch. Then she placed him in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile..."
Exodus 2:1-3
the order had been set by Pharaoh over all Israelites, throw every boy born into the Nile
-
She saw he was a fine child.
this small statement pounds in my heart
place a child in a parents arms for the first time. that moment changes them. everything fades, every sound, every thought is all encapsulated in those tiny eyes, tiny nose and small mouth. at this moment I believe in all my heart the chorus began to build in this woman's heart
death did not matter
punishment an after thought
how to make it work was not important
my son
my son
in that moment her life was his, the tiny child laying trusting in her arms. and the only option was
the love pounding in her chest.
she hide him for three moths
i can not imagine hiding a newborn, especially in a time when houses where small, and clay..but she, her love, was willing to do whatever.
-but when she could hide him no longer-
can u imagine how she felt at the realization.
the quiet ache at coming to the truth
the way her stomach probably dropped
I can't do this anymore. Not out of fear for myself but I am unable to keep my son, my baby safe.
at her defining moment, the moment where if ever most would shake their fist at God and scream "WHY"
she trusted harder.
the faith it took in God to place her son she risked everything for in a basket to in hopes sail to another home amazes me.
I believe the reason why when I read this my heart latched was Jesus. For 20 something years it was just the beginning of the story for me, nothing more or less.
See, do I have enough trust and faith in Jesus, my Savior, to place my most loved in a basket, out of my protection and solely in his? Not just with family but everything important in my life?
Kevin.
Joslin.
My family.
My Friends.
My finances.
My Career.
My future.
Do I really think I can do it all on my own?
Or do I lay my most precious at Jesus feet and give it completely to his control.
There was nothing easy about what this woman did.
I'm almost positive this was NOT her happy ending. Not how she had planned it but instead of
the norm her faith grew.
And I'm telling you, her faith is the only way she survived this.
Do you have this faith?
Do you really step back and completely surrender all control to him?
Do you know the giver of this kind of faith?
-read the rest of that chapter you'll like how it ends-
-read the rest of that chapter you'll like how it ends-


No comments:
Post a Comment