(excuse me, 6am hence black eyes BUT I could write a whole post about this drink. Banana, Blue Berry, Honey, Ice. (did I mention I hate blueberries usually!!)
TRY IT. Gave me energy & filled me up.
Plus a side of one egg for my protein I felt amazing!!)
Matthew 4:1-11
I can tell you I've read this probably 25times, I can tell you I have heard this probably 100 more times. But two weeks ago when I read it, I finally listened.
That's what I love about Jesus, his patience with me.
A story I have heard my entire 24yrs & 2weeks ago I finally get it.
*The first thing I noticed was the Devil's nature. If you read it, you see that he waited until Jesus had fasted for 40days. Until he was at his absolute weakest to try & make Jesus fail.
*The second thing I noticed was how his nature worked in this moment. If you read it you see that the Devil asked Jesus to show his power by making rocks into bread. To me there isn't anything really horrible about that. Nothing that screams SIN SIN SIN SIN. So his second question is the same, just show me your power, prove to me who you are by jumping. Again, nothing screams HORRIBLE to me. But his third try, his third question finally revealed his true intent, his true goal.
Worship Me
It's so funny how that is exactly how he works in our lives. I told the youth last week, I didn't wake up on a random Thursday and say today I'm going: (insert not proud of) (insert not proud) (insert not proud).
Nope. It starts with little decisions. Ones that seem harmless, ones that are gray that end up equaling huge mistakes. That's what the Devil attempted with Jesus. Harmless....Gray decisions. The small stuff.
*At this point I began looking at my life, all the times where I choose the wrong on the small decisions, because after all the wrong is usually the most natural for me, the easiest, the most comfortable. I told myself Meg, you got to be smarter' you've got to remember this.....
I close my bible go about my day......
-
3am leaning over the crib honestly praying, thanking God for the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on laying under a pink cover & begging him to turn me into a Christ-like mother for her.
Full of love empty of judgement, giver of peace and challenger of growth, comforter and leader.
When he quietly whispered "You know how, it's in the small decisions".
The next morning I finally decided to look at how Jesus fought the small the "gray" decisions.
1)Make the small decisions count
2) Scripture. Not just skimming to check off the good "Christian" girl, no it's reading a section, re-reading, asking questions, asking what does this mean to me??? Praying about it.
That is how you fight a Devil who can spew scripture faster than myself.
Every morning at 6am I have a small very simple decision to make.
1) Fix breakfast first then read Bible
2) Read Bible first then Breakfast
If I talk myself into the first, which is just harmless, what happens almost 100% of the time is Joslin Elaina starts waking up during breakfast, I say during nap time I'll read.
Nap time rolls around.....I shower...or clean...or TV....or REST! If I choose the second I somehow do all those and read.
It's simple, it's small but it's whether I start my day with the Lord or Not....and that can equal to big things for me.
I read not because I feel guilty if I don't, I read not because it's what a Christian should do. I read because it saves me...
SAVES me from the one who's ultimate goal is to trip me up BIG time with just one tiny decision.
It saves me.
.Protect yourself.



You are so correct! I have started a plan of action to immerse myself into the power of prayer lately and Satan is doing his best at tempting me with the small decisions. It saves me too to start the day with god and end it with him! Very well written sermon...Rev. Ledford! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for this...
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! :) It wasn't me though. :P Thanks for reading :)
ReplyDelete