There have been moments in my life that have
shaped who I am today, moments that changed the course, moments that define who
I am. I picture these moments as both brilliant yellows so bold it could belong
to the sun and others that are such a deep hue of black they are almost
purple.
But you want to know my
favorite?
My favorite are the moments that
are small, that build to the larger moments. The time in between the events
that change my life. Silly little things to be quite honest, for instance, when
I am fussing at Kevin and he forces me to hug him, I get so mad that I could
pull my hair out, but in the hustle of me resisting I somehow every time laugh
and give in to the love.
Or last Tuesday
when I caught him watching me dance with Joslin as I waited for the pasta to
boil. My hair was a mess, none of my clothes fit so I stole his shirt and in
between “5month old” chuckles I saw him, pure love written all over his face.
I want to make every moment I am
given count, really count. I have been given a love that is like a song so well
written so honest pure & raw it brings tears to your eyes. I will always
remember waking up in my apartment to post it notes covering the wall, list
upon list of “I love you because..”
Writing is how I focus in on each
of these, cherish them. Anyways I found this old letter I wrote to Kevin when
he was overseas, I love remembering the absence because it makes to present that
much sweeter. Here is a snippit.
….”as I watched you run to the distance to fight the war, I
followed but was stopped by an imaginary line. I could not fight by your side,
I could not be where I belong. Every day, like the faithful rising of the sun I
would find myself at the line pacing. Checking for holes so that I may escape
to your side. Some days I stood strong
looking in the distance dreaming of your blue eyes, others…I pounded and
screamed needing to find you, like I need air. But the line stood strong &
so did our love. Watchman of my heart when I found you I found the morning
noises that feel the air, bringing crisp life to my damp ground. I found a love
that was greater than life itself, one that I will always struggle to pin….”
The rest will just be something just Kevin & I treasure.
Sigh.
Basically I want you to make every moment count, so you can look in
between the BIG and see the beautiful
delicate small.


No comments:
Post a Comment