Wynken, Blynken, and Nod written by Eugene Field and illustrated by Helen Page.
It was published in 1945. There have been many remakes but this is the one that absolutely and forever hold a piece of my heart. (Click HERE for a glimpse of what it looks like.) I can still hear my parents soft voices reciting the poem for the 100th time.
Christmas Day I opened something that I believe will be the same for Joslin.
My dad wrote Joslin Elaina her very own book.
It's copyrighted and published.
You know how something can make your heart get all big and mushy and words don't even seem fitting....well this is that moment. I can't do it justice.
This book is the perfect poem, it not only dances around lyrically it's purpose is so deep. Teaching Joslin God created her and to be happy with who she is. To Be who She is.
Fearfully Made!
-insert mom tears everytime-
I may give you a tiny glimpse later but you never know with the internet & idea stealing these days but I tiptoed into story time with Daddy and captured a few moments.
Book Time from Meghan Ledford on Vimeo.
Book Time from Meghan Ledford on Vimeo.

No comments:
Post a Comment