Remember...
Source: Uploaded by user via Cheryl on Pinterest
As I wrote that word everything inside me became silent.
Freedom what an absolutely beautiful word. I sit in a house with a TV that shows both positive and negative view points concerning our government.
That is not common.
I have a daughter sleeping peacefully in a beautifully painted nursery, which will one day be filled with school books hopefully gearing for collage.
That is not common.
My husband just called me to let me know he is headed home after a graduation and I am not concerned he may hit a roadside bomb on the drive home.
That is not common.
There are many moments of sacrifice I hold so delicately, the words will never cross my lips except to those who I know will also hold their honor will the respect deserved.
I believe in sharing in my remembrance.
I love this weekend because it makes me stop.
Remember.
I'm thinking about every man & woman who believed in something greater, fault for my future, and I can't get out a proper thank you.
I in my small town, in my comfy home typing on my laptop tonight, I am remembering you & your fellow fighting hero's.
I have a hero in my house tonight & I know I am lucky because not all hero's make it home.
Remember there is a cost to the freedom you have.


No comments:
Post a Comment