3.10.2012

Silly to some...maybe...but to us it was magic.
Last night we celebrated Joslin Elaina's 3month birthday. I have embraced being overly excited over EVERY single milestone. (Like seriously every time I hear any sort of sound out of those adorable little lips all conversation stops and I couldn't be more proud.) So anyways, as soon as hubby got home I pulled out the birthday hats & cupcakes

My surprise for the day was seeing Joslin Elaina in a dress that I had sewn when I was about 6months pregnant. I remember bending over that sewing machine trying desperately to picture my little girl.   







(I know cruel) BUT the cupcake was actually more for the hubs & I. We were also celebrating 3months of learning. Plus she can't eat it anywayssss....OH the mushy icky mush moment of the night that made my heart melt was when the hubs caught me at the kitchen sink and said
"no matter how crazy our life gets I love it, I love it because it's with you".



To make the magic even more perfect dinner was actually great! And in true family tradition Joslin Elaina joined us for dinner, which consisted of sharing memories of her birth and life since. Of course, her chair resides on top of the table..the top and center that is.

This blog is for her to read one day if she is curious about our perspective , so I kept asking myself what do I want her to know about this day, and the only thing I can come up with is…

My dear sweet girl, these 3months have changed my life completely, they have changed how I view the world, my life and my choices. You have changed me. I have never seen a smile more beautiful & honest.  Watching you learn & take in this world is the most exciting thing I have experienced. Thank you for loving me for no reasons other than I am your mother. You came into this world, into my arms trusting me with your life and I promise you I will be there. When you want to play Barbies I’m your girl, when you want a cheerleader during a soccer game I’m there, when you need a hug and not words on the subject of boys I’m here, and when you need to vent about driver’s ed I’m here. It wont be perfect but your eyes light up my life. I love you. -mom






Night :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Info

My photo
United States
23.wife.new mom.dreamer.

Followers

Blog Archive